Yes they are incredibly dull but they are essential for a small business to survive.
These terms form the basis of the contract between our customer and The White Emporium/Eclectic Collection. These Terms, your Booking Form and your Quote Sheet are considered by us to set out the whole agreement between you and us for the hire of items/ the sale of bespoke products and the use of The White Emporiums Styling Service. It is your responsibility to check all details in the Booking Form and Quote Sheet are complete and accurate as this is the document we work to when completing your order.
Payment of the 20% non refundable booking fee means you agree to to adhere to the below Terms and Conditions. Please also sign and return a copy for The White Emporiums records.
- A 20% non refundable Booking Fee will be taken to secure booking. Only after the Booking Fee has been received and the Booking Form complete is the booking confirmed.
- The remaining balance will need to be paid 2 weeks before the wedding, a payment reminder will be sent.
- If payment is not received by the date specified this shall be constituted as breach of contract by the client. We reserve the right to hold the order until payment is made in full. When payment is late we accept no responsibility should we be unable to purchase the required stock or equipment we do not hold in house. In these circumstances we will provide substitute replacements as close to the style as possible with no redress or liability on The White Emporium.
- We offer a complimentary glass, china and laundry cleaning service for The White Emporium products only, however please ensure they are cleaned of debris.
- The hire period is between 1-4 days and will be agreed at time of booking.
- On occasion it maybe necessary to sub hire from other suppliers. If this is the case you will be notified, advance payment may be needed for certain sub hire items. Sub hired items may have a different damage deposit policy to that of The White Emporium.
- Due to the nature of the individual products, they may have imperfections & there may be small differences between the hand made products. These are all unique individual products in their own right.
- A £50 refundable damage deposit shall be taken at the time of full payment in the form of a cheque, which shall remain uncashed unless required or via bank transfer. Any damages or losses will be taken from this. Once the order has been returned and checked the deposit will be returned within 7 days and you will be notified if there are any deductions. If your damages / loses exceeds the damage deposit you will be invoiced and this must be paid within 7 days.
- The replacement cost for each item hired is x3 it’s original hire price.
- The customer is responsible for all items from time of delivery to time of collection.
- Goods used outside must always be kept in a dry secure location over night.
- * Some hire items can be extremely heavy, please ensure adequate care is taken should you need to lift and move anything.
- Nikkita Palmer Designs/ The White Emporium and Eclectic Collection accept no responsibility for the placement of hired items.
- Tables, chairs, benches, crates and any item hired must not be stood on or treated in an unsafe manner during hire periods
- All hire items must be inspected on delivery, if you are unhappy with the condition of any hire items, this must be discussed on delivery.
- All property available for hire is the property of The White Emporium/ The Eclectic Collection.
- From time to time certain products may become obsolete. This is totally out of our control; however we will do our best to select replacement products to reflect the original style as closely as possible. We reserve the right to replace items with products of equal or better quality without consultation
- At time of collection from venue please pack all items carefully in their supplied packaging. Please ensure all excess debris is cleared from crockery, glassware and linen. If items are not boxed and ready for collection there will be a £25 fee.
Liability and Insurance:
- The Supplier shall not be liable for any failure of the Services to comply with Clause 1:
- where such failure arises by reason of wilful damage, negligence[, or could be expected to arise in the normal course of benefit from the Services];
- to the extent caused by the Customer’s failure to comply with the Supplier’s instructions as to: (i) use or benefit from the Services, or (ii) good practice in relation to the use or benefit from the Services;
- to the extent caused by the Supplier following any design, specification or requirement of the Customer in relation to the Services;
- where the Customer alters any Services without the Supplier’s prior [written] consent or, having received such consent, not in accordance with the Supplier’s instructions; or
- where the Customer uses any of the Services [or related Deliverables or both, as the case may be] after notifying the Supplier that it does not comply with their expectations.
- The White Emporium shall not be liable for any delay in or failure of venue setup or order delivery caused by:
- the Customer’s failure to: (i) make the venue location available, (ii) prepare the Venue Location [in accordance with the Supplier’s instructions OR as required for styling] [and supply of the Services] or (iii) provide the Supplier with adequate instructions for delivery and access [and supply of the Services] [or otherwise relating to the Services]; or the customers failure to notify said venue about the services of The White Emporium or
- Force Majeure.
- The White Emporium/ Eclectic Collection accepts no responsibility in the event of injury or damage caused by the hire equipment or bespoke products. If using candles or items containing candles please remember there is a risk of fire and injury. Ensure products and candles are sufficiently cool before handling. The White Emporium/ Eclectic Collection accepts no responsibility for an injury or damage caused by candles. Candles are used entirely at the hirers own risk.
- The White Emporium is insured for £10,00000 Public Liabilty and holds Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- The White Emporium/ Eclectic Collection. offers delivery and collection at £0.45 a mile with a minimum spend of £250. However if failing the minimum spend products hired maybe collected and delivered free of charge from The White Emporiums/ Eclectic Collection base address. There maybe an additional charge for delivery and collection at unsociable hours. There must be adequate space near venue for loading and unloading. In the unlikely event your delivery or collection is delayed by more than an hour you will be notified immediately.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel please notify The White Emporium in writing. The Booking Deposit is always non refundable. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the wedding date must be paid in full. Sub Hired items maybe subject to different cancellation restrictions.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your order any monies paid will be refunded and we will suggest alternative stylists. The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection reserves the right to cancel, vary or suspend the operation of this contract if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing): fire, floods, storm, plant breakdown, strike, lock outs, riot, hostilities, severe illness, pandemic or any other event out of the control of The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection, and The White Emporium/ Eclectic Collection shall not be liable for any breach of contract resulting from such an event.
- The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection holds the right to share styling and detail photos on their social media channels and website. Bride and Groom names and faces will not be released unless previous agreement has been made or another supplier has shared an image on Social Media.
- Venue styling is subjective and whilst The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection will endeavour to translate the vision for your venue, they cannot be held responsible if the styling is not exactly as you imagined.
- Mood Boards and sketches are the intellectual property of The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection and cannot be copied or shown to other venue stylists unless you written agreement from The White Emporium.
- If we are assisting in a DIY project we will follow a brief as explained by you. Please note crafting and DIY projects are subjective, whilst we will endeavour to always complete projects to a high quality. The White Emporium / Eclectic Collection is not liable should you be unhappy with quality of work or the overall outcome.
- Additional styling hours are chargeable at £50 per hour.
- The White Emporium/ Eclectic Collection does not share your personal data with any other parties unless it specifically relates to your booking.
- The White Emporium does not currently send out newsletters and will only contact you with regards to your booking. Please tick the box below if you would like to be kept up to date with The White Emporium news and offers in the future if we start sending newsletters.
- The White Emporium also sub hires items from Nikkita Palmer Designs. (Part of The Eclectic Collection.) You may receive an invoice from Nikkita Palmer Designs as part of the booking process. Items hired from Nikkita Palmer Designs are subject to the same conditions as all items above. As well as –
- Due to the nature of some of the hire items there maybe a compulsory setup and pack down charge included.
- Suitable access must be granted for delivery and collection of heavy items supplied by Nikkita Palmer Designs. Any unusual delivery/collection requests or location hindrances such as hills, lifts, stairs must be discussed with Nikkita Palmer Designs in advance.
- We remind you our furniture is hand made and reclaimed, vintage, rustic and antique, as such it will be imperfect. Their maybe splinters, nails and rustic metal in some of our peices. If you are unhappy with the condition of hired items, this must be highlighted at delivery.